Written By: Kiran Jangda
Taking good care of your body seems next to impossible in this strenuous period we like to call recession. Prices are abundantly high and buying food that is good for you is the least of our worries at this point.
However, where there is a will there is a way, there are certain types of food that will do wonders for your body and will not be a burden on your pocket either, so it’s a win-win situation, I love it when that happens! Here is a list of some of those items:
1. Oatmeal: fiber rich oatmeal stays in your body for hours, preventing you from craving for that brownie. Usually preferred for breakfast but you can have it as a snack as well. Although steer clear of the flavored varieties as they are high in sugar.
2. Almonds: go nuts with nuts, they decrease the waistline by keeping your tummy full. It seems that they cost more, but imagine how much you would save by not spending money on those bags of chips we snack on so frequently.
3. Olive oil: everyone needs a little fat to function, therefore its better to invest in the good kind of fat rather than the evil kind, fizzy drinks for example. NO!
4. Eggs: vitamin B12 is found in eggs which helps metabolize fat, its reasonably priced and extremely healthy. Just eat egg whites if your cholesterol is high.
5. Beans: this is your cheapest and healthiest source of protein and fiber, it helps you tone your body and lose weight simultaneously. Caution: refined beans are high in saturated fat, go for the plain black ones.